FORWAY MOTORS, INC. DEPOSIT POLICY
The deposit receipt, bill of sale, oral agreement or other purchase agreement will state the terms of the deposit. Deposits as a general policy are refundable, unless:
- A deposit receipt or bill of sale states otherwise;
- Forway Motors at your request has purchased the vehicle;
- Forway Motors has made alterations to the vehicle based on a customer request (i.e. installed bed liner, install new tires, etc.);
- The purchase of the vehicle is not completed due to no fault of Forway Motors;
- Vehicle has been registered for customer.
Forway Motors Specific Vehicle Purchases for Customer's Outside of Current Dealer Inventory
Forway Motors, Inc. routinely purchases vehicles based on a customer’s specific request. In the event a vehicle is purchased specifically for a customer, deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE and your deposit receipt or bill of sale or oral agreement or other purchase agreement for the vehicle will reflect this. The reason for this is that there is a cost for procuring a vehicle (auction fees, bank fees, cleaning fees, transport fees, etc.) and a cost to dispose of a vehicle should the purchase not be completed. In the event the deposit exceeds any damages (costs incurred in procuring and reselling the vehicle) incurred by Forway Motors, Inc., plus a $300 flat charge, Forway Motors, Inc. may in its discretion return any remaining funds, but is not required to do so. Do not request a car to be purchased or leave a deposit for a car you do not intend to purchase and be sure that you understand the nature of the vehicle being purchase, its condition and the terms of the purchase, including taxes, registration and other associated fees prior to leaving a deposit. By leaving a deposit you are stating that you are aware of this policy in its entirety. Understand that in the situation of a specific Customer request, the vehicle, that Forway Motors is relying on you, the Customer, to complete the purchase. Only in following circumstances will your non-refundable deposit be refunded in part or in full:
- Vehicle cannot be registered (i.e. no title, vehicle will not pass inspection, etc.)
- Vehicle year make, model, options, color, mileage or general interior and exterior condition do not accurately reflect what was presented to Customer – this is to say that major items such as missing options or sever body damage exist. (A small tear in interior fabric or normal wear and tear items for used cars are NOT included in this);
- Vehicle purchase or delivery exceeds 30 days from the date of the deposit being received by Forway Motors and the delay is due to Forway Motors;
- Purchase or delivery of the vehicle is not completed due to willful negligence or willful breach by Forway Motors of the deposit or bill of sale or oral or written agreement for purchase – note that all terms related to the purchase of a vehicle will be reflected on the deposit receipt, bill of sale, or other purchase agreement;
- Sale is predicated on Forway Motors securing financing for Customer and Forway is unable to do so – note, it is expected that PRIOR to providing a deposit, Customer should be able to secure funds to complete the purchase.
FOR ANY VEHICLES PURCHASED FOR A CUSTOMER, IT WILL NOT BE GROUNDS FOR RETURN OF A DEPOSIT IN A SITUATION WHERE SEEKS TO OBTAIN FINANCING OR FUNDS THEMSELVES AND THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ABLE TO DO SO. THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR FORWAY MOTORS TO OBTAIN AND PROVIDE FINANCE OPTIONS TO CUSTOMER. NO VEHICLES SHALL BE DELIVERED AND TITLE SHALL NOT PASS TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY VEHICLE UNTIL FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN PAID BY CUSTOMER AND RECEIVED BY FORWAY MOTORS, INC. FORWAY MOTORS REFUSING TO DELIVER A CAR THAT HAS NOT BEEN PAID IN FULL IS NOT GROUNDS FOR BREACH. ISSUES RELATING TO DEPOSITS CAN BE HANDLED BY AN ARBITRATOR OR COURT IN THE EVENT A DISPUTE CANNOT BE EASILY SETTLED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THIS POLICY, PLEASE CONTACT A FORWAY MOTORS, INC. REPRESENTATIVE.